Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Take Advantage of Lower Interest Rates

I recently called my credit card companies and asked them to lower my rates. Again. (if you don't ask, you won't get anything!) Surprisingly, I was offered a better rate by two of the credit card companies. The other will be losing my business to a balance transfer. I also refinanced my car loan, dropping the rate from 7.5% to 5.25%. Our other car is currently at 4.8% and they couldn't do better, so we left it alone. I'm looking into refinancing the mortgage, but since we still have a couple of years before our ARM resets and we would like to move, it really wouldn't make financial sense to refinance at this time. But if you feel your rates are out of control, pick up the phone and make a call. You may be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

No comments: